USA based Women Divers Hall of Fame has announced their class of 2018:
- Diana Hollingshead is a PADI IDC Staff Instructor, a DAN Instructor, an AAUS Scientific Diver, and co-owner of Eugene Divers Supply. In 2008 Hollingshead established ‘Dive for a Cure’ to fund breast cancer research. To date Eugene Divers Supply has raised over US$560,000.00.
- Nathalie Lasselin is a multi-award-winning underwater cinematographer based in Quebec. As a technical diver and instructor, she has filmed and explored deep wrecks, caves, and bodies of water in more than 50 countries.
- Sharon Kwok Pong has used her celebrity status as an actor and model in the Chinese community to shine a spotlight on shark finning and illegal wildlife trade at events, in media campaigns, in schools and through her artwork. She is a Mission Blue and WildAid board member and is Executive Director of the AquaMeridian Conservation & Education Foundation.
- Erin Quigley believes that exceptional imaging inspires stewardship of the marine environment. Quigley is an award-winning photographer and the first Adobe ACE certified expert to focus specifically on post-production techniques for underwater photographers.
- Patty Seery is Director of Training at DAN America. She is behind the current DAN first-aid courses and mentors women of all ages in diving activities through training and travel.
- Patricia Wuest is editor-in-chief of Bonnier Corporation and has enjoyed a 20+ year career in dive journalism. She is passionate about using the magazines’ platform to support the dive industry’s efforts on all fronts – training, equipment, travel, and conservation – to spread the joy of scuba diving, to promote safe-diving practices and to reinforce the industry’s commitment to protect our water resources.
The six ladies – four American, two non-Americans – will be officially inducted into WDHOF on 24th March 2018 at the Beneath the Sea Awards Banquet in Secaucus, New Jersey.
Hear more from Roz at The Underwater Marketing Company Blog.