There is a lot of concern right now about the global outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), which affects every one of us. This includes entire countries and just about every business around the world. Our diving industry is no different, especially when it is highly dependent on travel.
Therefore, I wanted to reach out to you personally and assure you that everyone’s safety and supporting you is our top priority. We are in this together!
Fortunately, there is some good news in all of this uncertainty. History has taught us that during the most difficult times is when the SSI advantages pay off. During this time, we all must focus on stimulating business. Consequently, I would like to provide you with a few strategies to make the most of the current situation using the many SSI tools.
STAY ACTIVE AND CONNECTED WITH YOUR CUSTOMER BASE
Stay proactive during these interesting times by frequently contacting every customer. This is when you play out one of your main advantages, fulfilling your customers diving needs.
As long as your activities are not limited by the virus, you need to be out diving. Especially now, when people are insecure about travel restrictions. Stand out and make the most out of the situation by offering lots of different activities for customers looking for fun things to do locally as a part of their normal life.
CREATE BUSINESS BY USING THE BENEFITS OF DIGITAL
Presently, part of your customer base may be concerned about getting together with other people and in some countries, they may even be limited to visiting your Training Center. This is where the advantages of digital provide you the option to register customers without the need of seeing them in person:
- Safe and Germ Free – Independent study is done on the customer’s phone, tablet or computer.
- All SSI Programs – Can be sold and registered over the phone. Knowledge development can be completed at home, while the in-water training can occur at a later date.
- B2B – Customers can only get SSI products through SSI Training Centers.
- Pricing – SSI´s digital pricing is all-inclusive and provides the highest margin in the industry, especially now when all income counts.
- Inventory – There is no need for codes or inventory, freeing up financial resources! Training Centers only pay after course fees have been collected.
- Professional Training – Prospects for becoming an SSI Professionals can start now and study all academics in a relaxed way, especially the extensive theory for Science of Diving, Dive Guide and the Instructor Training Course.
SSI has smart tools to help you deploy every tactic necessary until the world gets control of this virus.
Over the years, I have found that we always emerge stronger after world events of this nature, which might be difficult to recognize right now. I encourage each of you to please remain optimistic and execute the recommended strategies.
MYDIVEGUIDE, TRAINING CENTER LOCATOR & MORE
Creating a TRAINING CENTER LOCATOR, embedded with an EVENT CALENDAR, linked to a travel guide may seem strange coming from a company that funds itself on the sales of training materials, but that is the point. We need to focus on the industry as a whole and certification is only a part of what SSI does. Diving has always been intrinsically linked to travel, and SSI’s MYDIVEGUIDE promotes SSI Training Centers by displaying thousands of Dive Sites around the world with their potential Wildlife Encounters. Divers will be inspired to explore and discover the world’s most amazing Dive Sites and Group Travel or Courses through your Event Calendar and, ultimately, find their next dive adventure and travel destination with you, the SSI Training Centers.
SSI RECOMMENDATIONS FOR DEALING WITH CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) IN DIVE TRAINING
Since the onset of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), there have been and still are many health alerts and concerns around the world. We want you to know that we are vigilant in our efforts to provide you with correct information, especially in the areas of concern, e.g. sharing air.
I would like to thank you for your loyalty, membership and support on behalf of the entire SSI Team.
Stay positive, active and healthy!