Brighter – Smarter – Modular
The new Dive Rite HP50 raises the bar for technical lighting systems and is now available from Sea & Sea.
Completely adaptable to any dive mission, the HP50 easily transforms from a compact, lightweight travel companion to a rugged workhorse capable of boundary pushing, multi-hour technical dives. At its heart, a next generation multi-die Cree XLamp XHP50.2 LED provides unparalleled output, efficiency, and reliability. A unique light head design offers improved heat sinking and features a cross drilled water channel that provides a direct thermal path from the back side of the LED chip to the water for maximum output and efficiency. A magnetic rotary switch controls 4 modes of operation: High, Medium, Low and Strobe.
An integrated microprocessor control unit continuously monitors battery voltage and temperature to keep the light operating at peak efficiency. As battery voltage drops, light output steps down eliminating the possibility of suddenly being left in the dark due to a dead battery. The light alerts the diver of this step down in light output by a series of flashes, after which, the light produces a minimum of another 4+ hours of usable light. In a sea of cheaply made imports, the HP50 stands out and is proudly designed, manufactured and assembled in the USA.
One light, infinite possibilities. The HP50 gives the diver the flexibility to easily convert between handheld and canister versions using the same light head. Using the simple threaded, double O-ring sealed connection, quickly convert between the 4 x 18650 handheld battery pack and the corded canister adapter. The light and corded adapter are completely compatible with either the 100 watt-hour Slimline Canister battery or the 150 watt-hour Expedition Canister battery.
The 100 watt-hour canister consists of two individual 50 watt-hour packs and the 150 watt-hour canister consists of three individual 50 watt-hour packs. The individual battery packs are internal and are not connected together until the canister lid is installed in the activated position. When the lid is installed in the travel position (rotated 180 degrees) the packs remain disconnected from each other to prevent accidental activation. All battery options are UN 38.3 test compliant and are safe for air transport. Corded adapters are available in either standard straight lid or optional 70 degree lid versions for improved cord routing when butt or back mounting the canister. Additional battery packs, corded adapters, and chargers are available separately.
- Cree XLamp XHP50.2 LED driven @ 24W produces over 3500 lumens @ 6500 Kelvin
- Beam Angle: 10-degree spot
- Magnetic rotary switch activated
- Integrated microprocessor control unit monitors temperature and battery voltage
- Blinks 3 times to indicate low battery and automatically steps output down to increase usable burn time
- Four output modes: high power, medium power, low power, and strobe
- Durable CNC machined Delrin and hard-coat anodized aluminum body construction
- Improved heat sinking and cross drilled light head allows water flow through and provides a direct thermal path from the back side of the LED chip to the water for maximum output and efficiency
- Depth Rating: 500 feet (152m)
For more information visit the Sea & Sea website.