Help make diving safer – job opportunities at DAN
Divers Alert Network® (DAN®), the world’s leading dive safety organization, is in search of talented people ready to work to make diving safer.
As diving continues to pick up post-pandemic, DAN is stronger than ever and needs qualified professionals in several key areas to serve our growing international membership. DAN offers competitive salaries, company subsidized health insurance, a generous 401k program, and other employee benefits that show we value our employees. Open positions include the following opportunities to work at DAN headquarters in Durham, North Carolina:
- Call center medic to respond to medical inquiries and emergency calls from divers, travelers, and health care professionals. For more than 40 years, DAN medics have leveraged their training in emergency medicine and diving to provide the emergency assistance on which divers around the world rely.
- Customer relations / insurance agent to respond to questions and provide program details through phone calls and emails. This person should be an excellent problem-solver who can offer support to members and provide a high level of customer service. DAN will cover insurance licensure for qualified candidates.
- Commercial lines insurance agent to help dive businesses meet their insurance needs. This person will develop a comprehensive understanding of DAN’s programs and be able to assess which professional liability and commercial general liability insurance products are best suited to each client.
- Safety services program coordinator to support DAN’s training, safety, and risk mitigation programs. This person will develop new training modules and engage with stakeholders including dive professionals and businesses, technical and training organizations, and recompression facilities.
- Writer to join DAN’s communications team. This person will be responsible for writing dive safety and medical articles and other content to inform and engage divers and promote DAN’s programs, products, and services.
If you have skills that qualify you for one of these positions — or you’re interested in working to make diving safer in any capacity — please submit your resume for our review.
To learn more about these jobs and other open positions go to DAN.org/Careers, or email DAN at email@example.com.
Midlands Diving Chamber donates £20k to Bite-Back
Hyperbaric and dive medical experts, Midlands Diving Chamber (MDC), has underpinned its long-term support of Bite-Back Shark & Marine Conservation with a one-off donation of £20,000, as the Rugby-based diving doctors wind down the charitable side of its operation.
The donation represents the single biggest financial contribution made to Bite-Back, delivering a huge boost to its campaigns to end the UK trade in shark products.
Spokesperson for Midlands Diving Chamber, Sally Cartwright, said: “For years we’ve admired and supported the ground-breaking work that Bite-Back is doing to save, protect and celebrate sharks. It’s a genuine pleasure to help ensure it stays at the forefront of shark conservation in the UK.”
Midland Diving Chamber first supported the charity at the inaugural Bite-Back at Cancer event in 2007 and then annually for the next six years. It even hosted its own James Bond-themed party on the Thames to fundraise for the marine NGO.
Campaign director for Bite-Back, Graham Buckingham, said: “We can’t thank MDC enough for its continued support and now for this massive contribution to our pioneering shark conservation campaigns. It makes us very proud that the country’s premier diving medical experts have chosen to back our campaigns that extend from parliament to primary schools. This financial windfall will allow us to continue to lead the shark conservation agenda in the UK and deliver measurable shark conservation breakthroughs to keep the oceans healthy.”
Bite-Back’s No Fin To Declare campaign to end the UK’s import and export of shark fins is now just months away from achieving Royal Ascent into law and, earlier this month it launched a free 56-page teaching resource for Key Stage 2 & 3 students on the importance of sharks and the threats they face.
Midlands Diving Chamber is based at St. Cross Hospital in Rugby and operates a hyperbaric decompression chamber offering NHS funded recompression to divers with Decompression Illness (DCI) together with other Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) treatments. Any diver with medical concerns should contact MDC on either 01788 579 555 or 07931 472 602.
Find out more about Bite-Back at http://www.bite-back.com/
Marine Life & Conservation
Watch The Real Watergate from Live Ocean Foundation (Trailer)
Sailors Peter Burling and Blair Tuke established Live Ocean Foundation out of their deep concern for health of the ocean and the life in it. Through their sport they champion action for the ocean, taking this message to the world.
Many of the issues the ocean faces are out of sight, but the science is clear, the ocean is in crises from multiple stressors; climate change, pollution and over-fishing. We’re not moving fast enough, not even close.
Live Ocean Foundation supports exceptional marine scientists, innovators and communicators who play a vital role in the fight for a healthy future.
Thanks to generous core donors who cover their operating costs, 100% of public donations go directly towards the marine conservation projects they support.
Find out more at https://liveocean.com/foundation/
WATCH THE REAL WATERGATE AT https://www.realwatergate.com/
WIN a c-monsta Wetsuit Hanger!!!
For this week’s competition, we’ve teamed up with c-monsta to give away one of their wetsuit hangers as a prize!...
WIN a Sharkskin Performance 40L Duffle Bag!!!
For this week’s competition, we’ve teamed up with our good friends at Liquid Sports to give away a Sharkskin Performance 40L Duffle Bag as...
Win a Vasili Lights Fish Lantern!
For this week’s competition, we’ve teamed up with Vasili Lights to give away one of their beautiful Fish Lanterns! Inspired...
WIN a Beuchat Maxlux S Mask and Spy Snorkel!!!
For this week’s competition, we’ve teamed up with our good friends at Beuchat to give away Maxlux S Mask and Spy Snorkel!...
News3 months ago
Diving with… Ben Williams and Kay Van Leuven, Sunchaser Scuba, British Virgin Islands
News2 weeks ago
Philippines Fun-Size: Critters and macro life
Travel News2 months ago
Diverse Travel expands Philippines portfolio
Marine Life & Conservation4 weeks ago
The Shark Trust Great Shark Snapshot is back!
News1 week ago
PADI makes a splash at Palma International Boat Show
News2 weeks ago
Jeff chats to… Christopher Bartlett, MD of Indigo Safaris, about scuba diving in St Helena (4 of 5)
Marine Life & Conservation2 months ago
Divers ask to take part in Easter Egg Hunt with a twist!
Marine Life & Conservation Blogs2 months ago
Creature Feature – Megamouth Shark