For more than 40 years DAN has played a crucial role in the dive industry, championing diver safety, risk management, and emergency preparedness. After last year’s virtual DEMA Show, we at DAN are looking forward to meeting with dive professionals from around the world in person once again.
- Stop by Booth 947 to find out how DAN can help your dive business in the year ahead. Learn about the many programs DAN offers dive professionals by setting up an appointment for a one-on-one meeting. From fully subsidized Student Medical Expense Coverage and rewards for new member referrals to risk assessments and professional liability insurance, the dive industry’s safety experts have programs that can benefit you. Contact DAN Member Services at +1 (919) 684-2948 or Member@DAN.org to reserve your time today!
- Don’t miss DAN’s seminars and workshops, which will be going on throughout the show in Rooms S229 and S230. DAN researchers, medics, and safety experts will be speaking on issues of vital interest to dive pros and dive business owners. Join us for talks on emergency planning, advances in bubble monitoring, ensuring proper medical care for divers with DCS, and much more. Additionally, if you’re a DAN Instructor, there will be opportunities to get up to date with the latest standards or elevate your teaching credentials; to learn more, email us at Oxygen@DAN.org.
- When you purchase any DAN Oxygen Unit during DEMA Show 2021 you will receive a free DAN Travel Backpack with your order. (We’ll also have special DAN member pricing on the DAN Travel Backpack throughout the show.) Shipping of all purchases will be free within the continental U.S. during DEMA week.
- If you rely on DAN programs, products, or services, we want to hear your stories! DAN is developing a series of video testimonials featuring dive pros and businesses. Schedule an appointment to meet with us in Las Vegas, and get some extra exposure for your dive business — email us at Marketing@DAN.org.
- To protect the health and safety of all DEMA attendees, we’ve made the tough decision to cancel this year’s DAN Bash. In addition, all DAN staff at DEMA will be vaccinated and, in compliance with local regulations, will wear a mask at all times during the show. We’ll be wiping down our tables after every meeting, and we’ll have hand sanitizer available for everyone throughout our booth. Finally, we’ll be taking steps to promote social distancing throughout DAN’s booth and seminar rooms.
See you in Las Vegas!
Join the DAN community or learn more at DAN.org.
Gear Review: D530V Video Light from OrcaTorch (Watch Video)
PADI and Circular Flow Partner to Pursue Sustainable Neoprene Recycling Programme
Trial Launches in the UK to Prove Feasibility and Scalability
PADI® is bringing about positive change for our shared blue planet through their partnership with Circular Flow. The goal is to create a closed loop neoprene recycling programme to foster a dive economy that aims to reduce the global impact of old and discarded wetsuits within the dive industry.
An estimated 8,380 tons of old wetsuits lie unused every year, with the majority inevitably headed for landfill thanks to the popularity of thermal protection in water sports, coupled with the lack of scalable, sustainable recycling systems for neoprene.
Recognising the opportunity for innovation, PADI, in partnership with Circular Flow, aims to offer the dive industry effective and sustainable solutions to the problem of disposing of wetsuits and other non-biodegradable neoprene products. The goal is to keep them out of landfills and recycle them into useful products such as mask straps and changing mats. To ensure feasibility and determine global scalability, the initiative will begin with a test in the UK.
“PADI is committed to help reduce the global environmental footprint of the dive industry and support our members and divers to reduce impact as well,” says Drew Richardson, CEO and President of PADI Worldwide. “We are constantly looking for new and scalable ways to do so through our Mission Hubs across the planet. We are proud to introduce and test this ground-breaking recycling programme into our community, enabling every diver to recycle neoprene as part of being an Ocean Torchbearer.”
During the initial trial, divers can bring their clean and dry wet suits and other neoprene items to participating UK Dive Centres from August 11th – August 22nd. PADI and Circular Flow will then arrange for the free collection of the items for recycling. Circular Flow will implement an innovative process to recycle the neoprene, after shipping the neoprene to a specialised factory. The patented recycling process eliminates the use of chemicals or water and utilising electricity, pressure and heat.
To learn more about the programme or locate a place to drop off your end-of-life neoprene in the UK, visit circularflow.net/padi
WIN a c-monsta Wetsuit Hanger!!!
For this week’s competition, we’ve teamed up with c-monsta to give away one of their wetsuit hangers as a prize!...
WIN a Sharkskin Performance 40L Duffle Bag!!!
For this week’s competition, we’ve teamed up with our good friends at Liquid Sports to give away a Sharkskin Performance 40L Duffle Bag as...
Win a Vasili Lights Fish Lantern!
For this week’s competition, we’ve teamed up with Vasili Lights to give away one of their beautiful Fish Lanterns! Inspired...
WIN a Beuchat Maxlux S Mask and Spy Snorkel!!!
For this week’s competition, we’ve teamed up with our good friends at Beuchat to give away Maxlux S Mask and Spy Snorkel!...
News2 months ago
Irish Marine Science student wins European Scuba Diving Scholarship
News2 months ago
Diving with… Pablo Calderon Cadiz, Takata Experience, Mahaual, Mexico
Winners - Underwater Videography Contests3 months ago
May 2022 Video Contest Winner and Review
News3 months ago
Roots Red Sea is the Travelers’ Choice￼
News2 months ago
Diving Loch Long
Gear News3 months ago
New from Fourth Element: the RF2 free diving wetsuit
Winners - Underwater Photography Contests3 months ago
May 2022 Photo Contest Winner and Review
Gear Reviews1 month ago
Gear Review: Mares EOS LRZ Torch Range