The TekDeck has become a popular fixture at the Dive Show in recent years, reflecting a growing interest in the more advanced aspects of our sport. If you’re not already a technical diver, however, or even thinking of becoming one, you may well still find attending some of these sessions useful in extending your diving knowledge.
The TekDeck is coordinated by Mark Powell, who will be running a schedule of talks by well-known technical divers on subjects including:
- Simple Gas Planning for new tech divers (Paul Slater)
- Situational Awareness (Matt Jevon)
- Shutdowns (Tim Gort)
- Choosing a CCR (Mark Powell)
- Starting out in Tech (Toni Norton)
- The Next Generation (Robert Thomas)
- Cave & Mine (Michael Thomas)
- Technical Diving Projects (Sally Cartwright)
- Sidemount (Mark Rowe)
- Redbare CCR (Tim Clements)
- The GUE Way (James Sanderson)
- The Ghostnet Project (Tony Land)
And don’t forget that the adjacent TekPool, ably staffed by CCR experts from Lance Palmer Diving, is there to give you the chance to try and compare rebreathers and other equipment under water – and how often do you get that opportunity?
Check out the talks schedule and get tickets and more info at www.diveshows.co.uk.