At the end of the trade day at the GO Diving show at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry, the team from Mares and SSI celebrated 70 years of Mares and also handed out awards for SSI dive centres and instructors. Those gathered around the stand watched on, with a well earned beer, watched on as Richard Corner congratulated SSI members for their hard work and achievements in 2018.
SSI Dive Centre Awards
The SSI Dive Centre Awards went to…
- Overall Students – 1st place Dive Newquay
- Pro Development – 1st place Divemaster Scuba
- XR development – 1st place Divemaster Scuba
- Freediving development – 1st place Porthkerris Divers
- Junior Diver development – 1st place Dive Newquay
- Newcomer award – Bespoke Diving Adventures
SSI Pro Awards
The SSI Pro Awards went to…
- Student Development – 1st place Mark Duncombe
- Pro development – 1st place James Taylor
SSI Master Diver Challenge
The SSI Master Diver Challenge wins a full set of Mares scuba diving equipment and is also entered into the 2019 Grand Prize. The winner is…Alex Tetley
A special award was given to Martin Sampson from Anglesey Divers. He received the SSI Platinum Pro 5000 award defined as the world’s most elite water explorers. The list of card holders is a “Who’s Who” of diving, containing the more prominent dive professionals. Well done Martin!
For more information about SSI visit their website by clicking here.