Following the efforts of the Egyptian Ministry of Tourism to prepare the recovery after Covid19 and to welcome back tourists, the ministry has put in place a series of mandatory regulations to allow Egyptian hotels and resorts to receive guests. These measures allow for the resumption of domestic tourism and to prepare for an international recovery as soon as possible.
Operation Startup plans to have hotels able to operate at 50% capacity for domestic tourists by June 1st and the team have published an extensive document listing the safety measures required for hotels to implement.
They have also specified the following for scuba diving:
– Sterilization of equipment: (Regulator, face mask and snorkel, BCD, diving suit) by immersing it in a 10% bleach solution
– Commitment to cleansing surfaces and areas such as bathrooms, door handles, desktops, etc.
– Putting restrictions on the number of passengers on the boat.
– No sharing of any equipment throughout the trip.
– Providing an antipyretic on board of yachts and at the establishment headquarters, and taking passengers’ temperature.
– Provide a list of safari participants and operators for officials.
For more information about travelling to Egypt please visit the Egyptian Tourism Authority website by clicking here.