On April 24th and 25th, Diving Industry leaders representing DEMA’s five stakeholder groups, the DEMA Board of Directors, and the DEMA Staff met in San Diego, California for a Strategic Learning Session. The two-day session, led by Jeff De Cagna, Chief Strategist of Principled Innovation LLC, was designed to use the knowledge of the Industry leaders present to address significant concerns and ensure that both the Association and Industry thrive in the future. Those in attendance included:
- Don Rockwell, Aqua Lung
- Sid Stovall, Ascuba Venture, Inc.
- Mike Hollis, American Underwater Products
- Tim Webb, Caradonna Dive Adventures
- Dan Orr, Dan Orr Consulting
- Mark Young, Dive Training Magazine
- Dean Garraffa, Huish Outdoors
- Denise Cable, Independent Consultant
- Richard Mitsoda, Maduro Dive Fanta-Seas
- Mike Lever, Nautilus Explorer
- Drew Richardson, PADI Worldwide
- Julie Andersen, Consultant, Scubapro
- Doug McNeese, Scuba Schools International
- Karin Sahm, Sunset House
- Scott Daley, Body Glove International
- Bonnie Borkin, Bonnier Corporation – Sport Diver and Scuba Diving
- William Cline, Cline Group Advertising, Inc.
- Werner Kurn, Ocean Enterprises, Inc.
- Jeff Nadler, PADI Americas
- Jenny Collister, Reef & Rainforest Dive & Adventure Travel
- Tom Leaird, Scuba Educators/PDIC International
- Stuart Cove, Stuart Cove’s Dive Bahamas
- Darcy Kieran, Total Diving-Montreal Scuba
- Stephen Ashmore, TUSA
- DEMA is just the Show and creates no other value for the Industry
- DEMA is an “old boys club”
- DEMA is highly influenced by larger Members/stakeholders to the detriment of other Industry participants and
- The DEMA Board takes no risks on behalf of the Industry and cares only about itself
SCUBAPRO Free Octopus Promotion 2023
Free Octopus with every purchase of a SCUBAPRO regulator system
Just in time for the festive season, divers can save money again with the FREE OCTOPUS winter promotion! Until December 31st SCUBAPRO offers one of the two new Octopus models S270 or R105 for free with every purchase of a regulator system!
The S270 OCTOPUS is free with purchase of a MK25 EVO/D420 or MK19 EVO/D420, MK25 EVO/S620Ti or MK19 EVO/ S620Ti in INT or DIN versions. A R105 OCTOPUS is free with purchase of a MK25 EVO/S600 or MK17 EVO/S600, or MK25 EVO/G260 or MK19 EVO/G260 or MK19 EVO BT or MK25 EVO BT/ G260 CARBON BT in INT or DIN versions.
SCUBAPRO offers a 30-year first owner warranty on all regulators, with a revision period of two years or 100 dives. All SCUBAPRO regulators are of course certified according to the new European test standard EN250-2014.
Available at participating SCUBAPRO dealers. Promotion may not be available in all regions.
Find an authorized SCUBAPRO Dealer at scubapro.com.
More information available here: SCUBAPRO Free Octopus Promotion 2023
Indo siren destroyed by fire
Indo Siren, a vessel from the Master Liveaboards Fleet, has been destroyed by a fire this morning. Thankfully, all guests and crew members are safe.
Master Liveaboards have released the following statement:
During our current cruise in Raja Ampat, on the morning of 30th November, a fire broke
out on Indo Siren. At the current time we are still assessing the events around the incident,
and will be working with authorities, so cannot currently comment further.
All guests and staff departed the boat, without further incident. They are now with our
ground crew who have organised accommodations while we assist with all their other
needs going forwards.
We are currently evaluating the issues created by the fire on upcoming trips. Guests who
are likely to be affected by enforced cancellations or changes will be contacted in due time
when plans are finalised.
We are incredibly grateful that this incident was not more serious and that everyone who
was onboard, both crew and guests, are safe and well.
Blogs2 months ago
Discover Peace and Tranquillity in Egypt’s Eastern Desert and its Amazing Red Sea
News1 month ago
Emperor Echo liveaboard sustains “irreversible damage” in lightning storm at Fury Shoals
Blogs2 months ago
A Flying Visit to Nusa Penida, Bali
Blogs2 weeks ago
My week on Scuba Scene: simply the best Red Sea liveaboard experience
News2 months ago
2023 Ocean Art Underwater Photo Competition Announced
Marine Life & Conservation2 months ago
Book Review: The Lives of Octopuses and Their Relatives
Equipment2 months ago
Oceanic+ Now Has Freedive Mode on Apple Watch Ultra
News2 months ago
Miss Scuba UK on Bridging the Gender Gap in Commercial & Recreational Diving