For this week’s competition, we’ve teamed up with our good friends at AP Diving to give away one of their new Pocket Ratchet Reels as a prize!
Here are some of the unique benefits of the new Ratcheted Pocket Reel from AP Diving:
- Sits comfortably in the palm of the hand and can be easily stowed (only 8cm in diameter).
- 45m of high-visibility Dyneema line which is twice as strong as Kevlar and stronger than steel.
- The totally enclosed design prevents bird-nest tangling, a common problem with open reels.
- Features a loud audible Ratchet-click when winding-in which aids the diver in judging ascent speed and/or lets other divers know you are returning or ascending.
- Simple on/off thumb-lock switch to change between ratchet and free-running modes when deploying the line.
For use as both a Surface Marker Buoy (SMB) Reel and/or a Navigation Reel:
- The line is positively buoyant which means it will rise above the sea-bed or wreckage when played out, helping to avoid entanglement and delay on the return journey.
- The wrist loop can be tightened onto the wrist when used as a navigation line, leaving your hands free for other tasks.
- The wrist loop is easily removed for safe deployment of an SMB.
- The thumb-lock switch features a lock-off / tap-to-release design so that you do not have to keep your thumb on it in free-running mode.
Dimensions: 8cm diameter x 4.5cm deep
To be in with a chance of winning this awesome prize, all you have to do is answer the following question:
- A) Serge Melesan
- B) Dean Spraakman
- C) John Isaac
Answer, A, B or C to the question above: