SEA&SEA have announced the MDX-D500 Underwater Housing for the Nikon D500 camera, the most anticipated housing since the MDX-D300.
Newly designed features of the MDX-D500 housing greatly surpass its predecessor. New features include the compatible internal Optical YS Converter of the MDX-D500 versus the external TTL converter connector of the MDX-D300. The MDX-D500 housing also has redesigned levers and luminescent buttons that increase their visibility while shooting in low light conditions.
The Nikon D500 HD-DSLR camera is an upgrade to its predecessor the Nikon D300S with many improved features in a lighter camera body. The Nikon D500 has vastly improved sensor technology with a high-resolution 20.9 MP sensor, sports an Advanced Multi-CAM 20K AF system with 153 focus points, and can also focus in very low light conditions with its -4EV AF detection range, making it a great choice for underwater photographers.
- Converts the camera’s TTL signal to a light signal. Both TTL and Manual Strobe control is compatible with Fiber-Optic Cable II (Not included).
- Shutter lever, AF mode lever, AF-ON lever, and movie-record lever all have been re-designed with ergonomic shapes.
- Most levers and buttons will glow in dark environments.Conveniently switch lenses between dives without removing the housing back. Activate the Port Lock on the front of housing and push the Lens Release for quick and easy lens swap.
- The camera’s diopter adjustment dial can be operated from the housing.
- Equipped with two (2) Fiber-Optic Cable Sockets.
- Equipped with one (1) N-Type (2-pin) connector and one (1) HDMI accessory port.
- Equipped with two (2) Sacrificial Zinc Diodes (front/ rear).
- Compatible with Optional VF45 and VF180 View Finders.
- Built-In Leak Detector Sensor (Optional).
Body: Corrosion-Resistant Aluminum Alloy (machined)
Grip: Corrosion-Resistant Die-Cast Aluminum Alloy
Depth Rating: 100m / 330ft
Dim. (WxHxD): 324 x 210 x 141mm / 13.9 x 8.3 x 5.6inch
Weight: Approx. 3,200g / 112.9oz (housing only)
Compatible with SEA&SEA Strobes, Sea Arm 8, Fiber-Optic Cable II, Electronic sync Cords, Vacuum Pump System (TBA).
Available in July 2016