The Northern Underwater Photography Group (NUPG) held its annual Splash-In & Print competition on 8th July in North Wales. The Splash-In is an open competition for underwater photographers with trophies awarded for Open Macro, Open Wide Angle, Best Compact Image and Best Newcomer plus a trophy for the overall best image. This year trophies were sponsored by Apeks/Aqualung, Blue Orb, Dive Safari Asia, Divequest, Frogfish Photography, Frogsborn, Nauticam, Scubaverse and Mares.
The results are as follows:
- Overall Splash-In Winner sponsored by Apeks: Anne Medcalf
- Open Wide Angle Winner sponsored by Mares: Anne Medcalf Runner-up: Phil Medcalf
- Open Macro Winner sponsored by Divequest : Yo-Han Cha Runner-up: Elaine White
- Best Compact Image sponsored by Scubaverse: Phil Medcalf
- Overseas Wide Angle Print sponsored by Nauticam UK : Winner : Caroline Robertson-Brown Runner-up: John Spencer
- Overseas Macro Print sponsored by Dive Safari Asia : Winner: Phil Medcalf Joint Runners-up : John Spencer, Caroline Robertson-Brown, Paul Ansell
- UK Wide Angle Print sponsored by Frogsborn Dive Centre: Caroline Robertson-Brown
- UK Macro Print sponsored by Blue Orb : Winner: John Spencer Joint Runners-up: John Spencer, Elaine White
Find out more on the NUPG website.