The famous Lundy underwater photography splash-in competition is to be run as an online competition this year. Instead of a single day where a handful of divers have competed in the waters surrounding this amazing marine reserve, this year, underwater photographers will be able to enter images taken in these waters. This should increase the number of divers competing in the competition and also promote the island better.
Lundy splash-in 2016 Competition
- Mega to Macro: close-up images of marine species
- Spirit of the Marine Protected Area: portraying the Marine Protected Area and its spectacular underwater scenery, these may include shots with divers in the frame.
- Marine Abstract: be as imaginative as possible!
- Simply marine: images in their original, natural form
- All shots must be taken within Lundy’s Marine Protected Area and must not have been entered into a previous Lundy Splash In. Both underwater and surface shots are acceptable (but remember, the protected area only extends up to high water mark, so all images must be below high water mark)
- All photos must have been taken by the person entering them into the competition.
- Entries are to be posted into the ‘Lundy Splash In! photography competition 2016’ group either by the entrant or by the organisers on their behalf. For those without a Facebook account please send your images on a disk or usb stick to Warden, Lundy Island, Bideford EX39 2LY. Please do not email them to the Warden due to the limited broadband width on the island.
- The organisers reserve the right to disallow images they believe that they have been overmanipulated. Entries into the Mega to Macro, Marine Abstract and Spirit of the MPA categories can be adjusted in the following ways:
- Limited removal of backscatter – this does not include changing the background or removing elements of the original image
- Minor adjustments to contrast, brightness, saturation, tone, colour balance and temperature.
Please remember that this is a photography competition and whilst some minor manipulation is permitted, this is not a substitute for good photography.
Images for all categories including the ‘Simply marine’ category can be:
- Cropped slightly
- Colour, black & white or sepia
- The judging panel will review all images once all competitors have submitted their images and their decision is final. The popularity of images on the Facebook page will be taken into consideration.
- Whilst entry into the competition is free, donations to The Lundy Fund are always welcome.
Splash In 2016/Competition Rules: In entering Splash-In the entrant accepts that their pictures may be used by The Lundy Company, The Landmark Trust or Natural England in publicity relating to the event and other activities royalty free (although the copyright will remain with the photographer). Winning pictures may be published in dive magazines, on relevant websites and in the Lundy calendar. The organisers would like to thank all sponsors for their kind donations. Please abide by Lundy’s Codes of Conduct and the Underwater Photographers Code of Conduct. Respect, Protect and ENJOY!