Fascinating new information on two major wrecks will be presented by speakers at the London International Dive Show (LIDS 2015) at ExCeL on 14/15 February.
Top underwater photographer Alex Mustard will be revealing the true identities of the WW2 military vehicles carried on the iconic Thistlegorm Red Sea wreck, illustrated with detailed photographic evidence compiled over many dives.
And Leigh Bishop will be giving an update on the identity of a mysterious 300-year-old Dutch vessel, sunk off West Africa and dived by Leigh and his team on a recent expedition.
These will be among a wide range of topical diving subjects covered by top speakers at LIDS.
- David Jones’ account of his dives on US and German war-wrecks off North Carolina
- Monty Halls’ story of his exploration of unknown UK dive sites
- Paul Rose’s behind-the-scenes tales of his National Geographic project to film unique and rarely-visited dive sites around the world
- BBC documentary-maker James Brickell on the perils of filming under water
- PhotoZone talks ranging from creative underwater lighting techniques to top Red Sea photo opportunities.
As well as the speaker line up, LIDS will host an array of kit, equipment, travel and training exhibitors – including BSAC – over the weekend, offering something for every diver.
LIDS ticket offers for BSAC members
London International Dive Show (LIDS) organisers are also offering special 2-4-1 ticket offers to BSAC divers for the 2015 show.
New BSAC Ocean Divers who qualified on or after 1.2.2014 as well as BSAC Instructors are eligible to claim two LIDS-only tickets for the price of one.
2-4-1 tickets can be claimed at the LIDS kiosk on the day on the presentation of a current BSAC Ocean Diver or Instructor Qualification Card and QRB.
Alternatively they can be booked in advance online here using the code 2-4-1. Entry to LIDS will then be gained on presentation of a valid Ocean Diver or Instructor qualification card at the ticket kiosk.
For more information on LIDS 2015 exhibitors, speaker line up, and to book tickets, click here.