The brain of the Genius is powered by the ZH-L16C algorithm, the classic Bühlmann, with the integration of an editable gradient factor. The most popular algorithm with technical dive enthusiasts has now been made ‘recreational’, with the option for personalized settings.
The ‘Technical’ setting allows you to choose from four presets, T0 to T3, or to set the values directly under the “Custom” setting option. The “Recreational” setting provides four preset combinations, R0 to R3, including exclusive functions to fully customize the parameters of your computer:
- Physiology: based on physical condition and personal experience of your physiological reaction during and after a dive, you can select from 4 different levels. Each level makes the gradient factor more conservative.
- Dive: This setting allows for ocean conditions input. again over 4 levels. This can be set during the dive, for example if you encounter strong current.
- Me Today: Select a gradient factor based on how you feel. If you suffered from lack of sleep, feeling dehydrated, or just a bit below par, you can set the computer to be more conservative.
More features include:
- New ZH-L16C algorithm with gradient factors and predictive multigas
- Nitrox and Trimix capable up to 5 gases
- Full colour high-resolution display
- Full tilt digital compass with bearing memory and stopwatch
- Hoseless tank data integration for up to 5 transmitters
- Colour-coded tank pressure for at-a-glance readability
- Bottom timer mode with resettable average depth and stopwatch
- Decompression dive planner with additional surface interval function
- Brilliant logbook with multiple graphs
- Logbook capacity more than 1000 hours of dive profile at 5 second sampling rate
- Smart battery management system with 40 hours dive time per full charge
- Bluetooth connection for direct connection to smartphone
- Night mode function
- Map viewing function during the dive
- Tissue saturation graph with detailed information
- Underwater menu allows certain settings to be changed during the dive
- Future deco and runaway deco alarm (proprietary)
For more information please visit the Mares website by clicking here.