The Gates ME20 Housing system is designed to push the boundaries of underwater motion imaging, revealing natural bioluminescence, moonlit reefs, dark caves and other light challenged scenes without the aid of additional, artificial lighting. Such breakthrough imaging is enabled by the Canon ME20F-SH multi-purpose camera, capable of incredible low light performance up to 4 million ISO. Recognizing this potential, the Gates ME20 Housing and the Canon ME20F-SH camera system has already seen field action on high profile, blue chip productions planned for release in 2017.
”The Canon ME20F-SH camera provides astounding low-light performance, giving filmmakers the ability to see images with as little as 0.0005 lux illuminating the scene,” noted Larry Thorpe, senior fellow, Imaging Technologies and Communications Group, Canon U.S.A. “Together with the new ME20 underwater housing from Gates, filmmakers will now have the ability to capture stunning HDTV footage at sea depths that sunlight doesn’t reach.”
The Gates ME20 system is integrated with the Starlite ST5, a small and highly capable external monitor housing for the Transvideo StarliteHD OLED monitor. Together the ST5 and StarliteHD give the user a 5” high resolution display, H.264 proxies recorded to SD cards, and ultra light weight. Integrated into the housing is space for an external recorder like the Convergent Design Gemini. As the ME20 is a semi-custom design, adaptations for other recorders and applications can be accommodated.
Consistent with other cinema housings, the Gates ME20 includes many recognizable features:
- Clean, uncomplicated design is reliable and field serviceable
- Gates Precision Ports for no compromises image quality
- Support for all EF mount lenses with Gates unique Lens Gear Drive system
- Adjustable trim weight system provides perfect buoyancy / balance
- An extensive line of accessories including 3G-SDI surface feed and remote camera control
- Adjustable Handle Grips for perfect hand positioning
- Gates Seal Check II will verify housing integrity before entering the water
- Customization to suit unique applications
For more information about Gates Housings visit www.gateshousings.com.