Fourth Element announced its commitment to the protection of the ocean environment at the Our Ocean Summit in Malta this month.
As part of MISSION 2020, Fourth Element intend to:
- Eliminate plastic in the packaging of all products by 2020.
- Develop new and existing products from recycled post consumer materials wherever possible.
- Become truly OceanPositive.
At DEMA, the company will launch several new products, which incorporate plastic from recycled post consumer waste:
- X-CORE VEST – designed to augment any drysuit underwear, made with 78% recycled plastic bottles.
- THERMOCLINE – NEXT GENERATION OCEANWEAR – a “re-boot” of the original neutrally buoyant wetsuit system using fabric made with recycled Ghost Fishing Nets.
- NEW SWIMWEAR – PIONEER COLLECTION – named after inspirational diving women, the new swimwear collection builds on the success of the OceanPositive swim collection.
“We have been working on the Mission 2020 commitment for some time as part of our strategy to change the way we operate as a company and a brand,” said Paul Strike, CEO, who is also part of the steering committee of the Global Ghost Gear Initiative, dedicated to dealing with the threat posed by lost and abandoned fishing gear.
Visit Booth #2277 at DEMA to find out more or visit www.fourthelement.com.