Cathy Church’s Photo Centre is looking for an Underwater Photography Instructor/Photo Centre Assistant to join their team on Grand Cayman.
They are looking for a full-time, long-term employee to start as soon as possible. You must be a non-smoker. This is a job where you will often be doing something different every day, so you need to be someone who can fill many roles.
The successful candidate will have:
- Divemaster certification or higher
- Experience teaching underwater photography
- Broad experience with Apple computers
- Knowledge of POS systems & inventory control
- Retail experience with cameras & accessories
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- Must be available weekends & holidays
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be fluent in English
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
- Boat handling
- Scuba Instructor Rating
- Photography and videography experience above water (weddings, portraits, etc.)
- Underwater videography experience
- Photo editing experience
- Video editing skills & ability to teach video editing software (Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro)
In addition to your time spent underwater teaching classes, the job will involve a lot of above water work. Duties may include teaching classes, sending out and returning camera rentals, retail work (sales, displays, inventory, ordering), answering customers questions about cameras, answering emails, scheduling classes and more. This is not a job for someone who expects to be in the water every day for work. However, you will have 2.5 days off each week to enjoy unlimited shore diving and boat diving (space dependent) at Sunset House. Other benefits include health insurance, pension and store discounts.
This is NOT a job where you will be in the water photographing every day, so if that is what you desire, please do not apply. If you are passionate about helping others learn underwater photography, please apply.
In order to apply for a work permit in the Cayman Islands, the government requires you have a valid passport, a police clearance, and a medical exam with clear chest x-ray, HIV and VRDL tests. Please send your resume/CV and PADI professional ratings to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line “Employment Opening“.