OZTek is nearly upon us … and will unfold at Darling Harbour in Sydney, Autralia on 18-19 March. This show only comes around every two years and there’s no time to lose. Get your ticket today!
Aimed at everyone who dives, this event is a potent mix of information, education, entertainment and inspiration delivered over one weekend. Regardless of experience level, OZTek offers something for everyone.
Held at Darling Harbour’s brand new Exhibition Centre, Sydney’s newest premier event venue is in the heart of the city’s CBD, shopping and entertainment district and promises an action-packed weekend.
Beginning with a variety of informal functions on the Friday evening, the weekend activities continue with:
- A full-scale Dive and Travel exhibition – a stand-alone event in its own right – catering to every level of diving interest and featuring everything divers require; from cameras to compressors, regulators to rebreathers, snorkels to scooters, facemasks to fins, home grown Australian destinations as well as exotic overseas dive resorts and great liveaboard trips. The world’s leading equipment brands, accessories and premier dive travel and training will all be on show at OZTek2017.
- Two-days of presentations, seminars and workshops given by more than 40 of some of diving’s most respected identities, people who are tomorrow’s household names and whose individual exploits, achievements and knowledge of diving are second to none.
- A ticketed event to be held on the evening of Saturday 18th March 2017, ‘On The Edge‘ will feature presentations by Explorer Club members Rod Macdonald, Paul Toomer and Jill Heinerth. Keeping alive the traits of vision, courage and tenacity that make diving exploration among the most compelling and relevant of high-risk enterprises, ‘On the Edge’ provides a spellbinding glimpse into the high-octane world of three of modern diving’s most accomplished and talented underwater explorers.
- Discover the origins and adventures in Pushing the Envelope – a unique photographic exhibit celebrating the people, projects and technologies behind the ‘Technical Diving Revolution’ (1986-2000+). Pushing The Envelope will feature over 300 images, maps, tables and quotes from the early days of technical diving. A brief step back in time to appreciate the advancement of diving technology, training and techniques we take for granted today.
- Enjoy the Georges Camera Photographic Exhibition displaying selected images from eminent underwater photographers as well as the winners of the OZTek2017 Photographic Competition, including the Nikon Dive Portfolio of the Year. The 2017 competition and exhibition – focusing on wrecks, caves and open categories with fabulous prizes to be won – will be on permanent display throughout the weekend and screened in the main theatre on Saturday afternoon when the category winners will be announced.
- The weekend activities finish with the staging of the OZTek2017 Gala Awards Dinner. Held at The Aerial, UTS overlooking the inner cityscape, and following the Sunday evening close of the OZTek2017 Exhibition and Conference, this ticketed event includes a magnificent meal, unlimited beers, wines and soft drinks, guest speakers and the presentation of the OZTek2017Awards. An opportunity for the entire diving community to relax, socialise and unwind, the OZTek Gala Awards Dinner marks the perfect finish to a memorable weekend.
OZTek2017 offers an inspirational journey into the entire world of diving adventure and excitement. Don’t miss it.
Find out more about OZTek2017 – check out the website at www.oztek.com.au.