As promised, here is Part two of things to do in Sharm el Sheikh in case Part one didn’t quite wet (pun intended) your appetite.
11. Dive with whalesharks – OK, we can’t guarantee this one but due to the years of reduced divers and quieter reefs, the whalesharks seem to be back in abundance. This definitely raises your odds of diving with the gentle giant.
12. Dive with manta rays – Similarly to the whalesharks, we are unable to guarantee this, but the increased levels of plankton mean you have a good chance!
13. Just enjoy the colourful reefs – If you don’t see a whaleshark or a manta, all is not lost. Simply lose yourself in the kaleidoscopic corals and reef fish. With over two thousand different species of fish and over two hundred species of hard and soft corals, the explosion of life will make up for any lack of larger pelagics.
14. Kite surfing – A little bit different to diving but still in the water. In recent years, kite surfing has quite literally taken off, especially in areas like Nabq, Sharm el Sheikh where there is normally an alluring sea breeze.
15. Parasailing – If kitesurfing is a little too adventurous for you, why not try parasailing. Get strapped into your harness and get ready to enjoy panoramic views of the city.
16. Visit another city – About a one-hour drive from Sharm el Sheikh, diving in Dahab provides unusual topography (with the famous Blue Hole) and slightly different reef fish. If you are very lucky, you may even get to see one of the rare Red Sea Walkman fish that are commonly found here.
17. Enjoy the city night life – the main strip in Sharm el Sheikh provides excitement with its sparkly lights and many restaurants and coffee shops. You can literally eat your way around the world at a few of the scrumptious Italian, Egyptian, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese and Thai restaurants.
18. Complete a night dive – Try to find the holy grail of night dives during your trip, the giant nudibranch – the Spanish Dancer. Some say that they are a myth, but we have photographic evidence!
19. Don’t forget to give a little bit back too – Join in one of the many underwater Dive Against Debris events that go on regularly at dive centers like Anthias Divers. During these events, your guide will show you the best way to collect any rubbish you may find without harming the environment.
20. Have a great holiday – All the residents of Sharm really want, is for you to have a great diving holiday in this extraordinarily unique corner of Egypt and to enjoy the many different dives and activities that are available in our home. We hope you have a great holiday!
Inspired? Take a look at www.anthiasdivers.com to find out more!