Earlier this year Scubapro raised the bar in dive computing with the release of the full-colour wrist-mount G2 (Galileo 2), the sexier, sportier and more vibrant big brother to the Galileo SOL and LUNA. The G2 incorporates the same menu structure, the same simple 3-button control system, and the same diver-friendly functions that helped earn the Galileo its reputation as one of the most technologically advanced computer available – and also the hands-down easiest to use. The G2 has quickly become a favorite among wrist-mount dive computer aficionados.
Now, for divers who prefer a console-style computer, Scubapro introduces the G2 Console, or G2C. Featuring a cell phone-style portrait-shaped screen, the G2C shares most of the user-friendly and high-tech features of the wrist-mount G2, plus offers a full-tilt digital compass to make navigating easier and more fun.
Every colour computer is not the same. Instead of using colour for colour’s sake, Scubapro engineers have leveraged colour to deliver the best readability and usability available. Colour indicators that quickly draw your attention to what you need to know are combined with high contrast, user configurable screen layouts and default colour settings to make the G2C stand out from the crowd – at any depth.
Even though it’s a fully loaded dive computer, the G2C is surprisingly easy to use. The high-resolution TFT screen produces vibrant colours and crisp digits that radically increase readability. A choice of screen configurations enables you to customise data presentation. Navigate effortless through the system via the three clearly marked stainless steel buttons. The G2C’s rugged slim-line casing boot protects against bumps, and it includes a quick-disconnect fitting that allows you to detach the computer from your regulator system for data downloading, travel and storage.
Incorporating cutting-edge biometrics through Human Factor Diving™, Scubapro offers the only dive computers in the world that take heart rate, skin temperature, breathing rate and water temperature into account during a dive. This provides you with extremely reliable no-stop and decompression stop calculations, even under the most demanding diving circumstances. These patented features are available only on Scubapro computers.
Make it your own
The G2C is the most diverse and customisable console-style computer on offer. From thoughtful design details like easy-to-read screen templates to an intuitive menu system to personalised colour choices – the G2C is literally tailored to you. Even your dive profile is one of a kind – based upon your real-time breathing rate, your skin temperature and your heart rate. It’s as unique as you. The digital compass can’t be beat, and a choice of languages and characters lets you receive dive data in your mother language. Data downloading and analysis is easy with full Android/iPhone/PC/Mac compatibility.
KEY FEATURES & SPECS
- Cell phone-style screen.
- Intuitive menu structure. Simple 3-button control system and diver-friendly functions make the G2 Console extremely easy to use.
- Full-colour TFT (Thin-Film Transistor) 2.2in/5.6cm dot matrix display LCD screen (320x240p).
- See as much or as little as you like. Choice of screen display configurations. Customise your data presentation with Light, Classic, Full or Graphical screen options to suit your individual style.
- Customise menu listings.
- Multiple language choices.
- Convenient quick-disconnect fitting. Allows you to detach the computer from your regulator system for easy data downloading, travel and storage.
- Predictive Multi-Gas ZHL-16 ADT MB algorithm. Advanced Uwatec algorithm programs up to 8 nitrox/trimix mixes to handle any recreational or technical diving scenario.
- Algorithm calculates true remaining bottom time (RBT). It also offers a series of Microbubble levels and incorporates Profile Dependent Intermediate Stops.
- Integrated heart rate monitor. Measures heartbeat and skin temperature and incorporates both into the workload calculations.
- Improved, full tilt digital compass.
- Rechargeable battery. Provides up to 50 hours of dive time per charge.
- Huge 485MB memory. Stores pictures, tables, tissue loading status, and 1,000 hours of dive profiles.
- USB cable or Bluetooth Low Energy interface. Easily download dive data wirelessly to your phone or handheld device. Download dive data to a PC/Mac using LogTRAK software.
- Fiberglass-reinforced thermoplastic casing. Ultra-durable & UV resistant.
- Rugged TR 55 transparent thermoplastic lens.
- Ultra-durable casing boot.
- Sleek, Swiss design.
- Stainless steel control buttons (3).
- Scuba, Gauge and Trimix modes
- Maximum operating depth. 394ft/120m.
The complete G2C comes with a console boot, quick-release high pressure hose, flexible case protector, Scubapro Heart Rate Belt, Read First manual, 3M foil screen protector, soft box and USB data/charging cable.
The G2C is available at authorised Scubapro dealers. MSRP: GBP 980.
For more information visit the Scubapro website by clicking here.