Nauticam has unveilled the NA-D7500, the latest release in the world’s finest line of underwater camera housings. Nauticam is the market leader in ergonomics, build quality, and reliability. Built on a foundation of innovative product design and modern manufacturing technology, NA-D7500 is the ultimate accessory for the new Nikon D7500 camera.
The Nikon D7500 camera
The successor to the D7200 seems more like a light version of the DX-format flagship D500. The D7500 uses the same 20.9 MP sensor as its bigger sibling combined with a massively upgraded buffer of 50 RAW images versus the limited 18 of its predecessor. Although there is a drop in resolution over the D7200 there is no drop in performance, adding 4K UHD recording at 30p and improved ISO performance. A lighter and smaller body also makes traveling with this DX-format SLR even easier.
In addition to the upgraded image sensor and buffer, the D7500 also employs the same 180,000-pixel RGB metering sensor as the D500 allowing for improved metering and autofocus performance during high-speed shooting.
The viewfinder coverage is also improved to cover 100% of the frame at 0.94x magnification, critical to good composition underwater. Improved weather sealing over the D7200 gives more peace of mind when the camera is out of the housing for some topside action. With 950 shots on a battery the D7500 is ready for those once-in-a-lifetime wildlife encounters, even when it happens at the end of a dive.
Nikon D7500 Key Features:
- 20.9 MP APS-C (DX Format) sensor
- 51 point AF module with 15 cross-type points
- 180,000 pixel RGB sensor for metering and subject recognition
- EXPEED 5 Processor
- AF point joystick
- 8 fps shooting for up to 50 shots (lossless compressed 14-bit Raw)
- 4K (UHD) video from 1.5x crop of sensor
- 100% coverage viewfinder with 0.94x magnification
- 3.2″ tilt up/down touchscreen
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Mic and headphone sockets
- USB 3.0 connector
The Nauticam NA-D7500 Underwater Housing
Nauticam housings are evolutionary marvels, with advancements from previous Nauticam for Nikon systems providing the foundation that this new model was built on. Customer feedback is integrated at every possible opportunity. The cumulative experience of the Nauticam user base provides constant inspiration for innovation, and is a key strength of the brand.
The new NA-D7500 housing further enhances the market leading Nauticam ergonomic experience with improved control placement in a compact, lightweight housing produced with cutting edge manufacturing processes.
Nauticam NA-D7500 Key Features
- Patented Port Locking System – Unveiled on the very first Nauticam DSLR housing in 2009, this locking lever has become a signature of the Nauticam brand.
- Housing Locking Latches – The industry’s easiest to use housing closure system, requiring very little hand strength to close, secures the housing back in place.
- Multi Controller Pad – Located within easy reach of the right thumb, virtually recreates the Nikon multi selector allowing full multidirectional use of this powerful tool. No other manufacturer has it, and with 55 user selectable focus points to choose from, photographers need it.
- Integrated Vacuum Monitoring and Leak Detection – Circuitry included as standard equipment provides constant monitoring of water tight integrity when combined with an optional Nauticam M16 Vacuum Valve II (PN 25625).
- Vacuum Reset Button in Port Mount – A simple vacuum reset pushbutton placed in the port mount allows the vacuum system to be calibrated and initialized from the housing front.
- Stainless Steel Handle Brackets – Stiffening handle brackets are included with the housing.
- Ergonomic Rubberized Grips – Another legendary Nauticam feature, their ergonomic shape and soft rubberized coating prevents hand fatigue, even on long dives.
- Clear Control Labeling – All camera controls are clearly labeled, allowing easy identification.
Details and Specifications
- Depth Rating: 100m
- Weight: 3.07 kg
- Dimensions: 345mm x 203mm x 135mm (W x H x D)
Model Number: 17221
USA Retail Price: $3300
Available Now Worldwide
More information is available from Nauticam at: www.nauticam.com
Purchase Nauticam products from Cameras Underwater here